Joe O’Brien TD Encourages Fingal Parent and Toddler Groups to Apply for 2023 Grant Initiative
10th March, 2023
Joe O’Brien TD has today (Friday, March 10th) encouraged local groups to apply for the recently launched Parent and Toddler Group Grants Initiative 2023. Funding of €250,000 is being made available this year, which will be allocated to Parent and Toddler Groups nationwide through local City / County Childcare Committees (CCCs).
From today, Parent and Toddler Groups are invited to make an application for funding under this Initiative through their local CCC.
This year the emphasis will be on supporting Parent and Toddler Groups that offer a welcome to families who are newly arrived in Ireland.
Following from the success of the additional funding streams in last year’s Initiative, the Parent and Toddler Group Grants Initiative 2023 will again offer three streams of funding:
- Funding of €800 for existing groups and €1,100 for the establishment of new groups.
- Funding of up to €300 is available to establish and operate Buggy Walking Groups. These Buggy Walking Groups are organised social walks for parents/guardians and young children. The grant is open to any existing or new organisations or groups who wish to offer a minimum of six organised walks within their community
- Additional funding of up to €300 is available for new or existing Parent and Toddler Groups to provide a second session to meet demand.
Local groups should contact the Fingal Community Childcare Committee to discuss eligibility on: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01 4851727
Joe O’Brien TD, encouraging applications from local groups, said:
“Parent and Toddler Groups provide a great meeting place for parents/guardians with young children to relax and chat together in a supportive environment while their children play. I want to thank all the groups in Fingal that are offering a welcome and friendship to parents and children in their communities as well as those newly arrived in Ireland. I am delighted that the initiative will support this work.
“Local groups, including many Family Resource Centres across the country, have opened their doors to families from Ukraine. Groups like Aster Family Resource Centre in Balbriggan run successful and inclusive Parent and Toddler Groups in our communities.
“I hope that local groups will engage with the Fingal CCC on the parent and toddler initiative to further enhance their services.”
Funding is available for:
- Toys, equipment and books for indoor and outdoor activities, and children’s refreshments.
- Storage for equipment.
- Training for parents, e.g. paediatric first aid, committee skills, parenting courses, facilitate sessions.
- Promotional Leaflets including any required translations.
- Children’s activities, e.g. arts and crafts, music.
- Limited funding will be available towards insurance or rent, up to a maximum of 40% of total funding for existing services.
- Limited funding will be available towards insurance or rent, up to a maximum of 70% of total funding for new services and buggy walking groups.
The maximum allowable total funding to be granted to new and existing Parent and Toddler Groups in 2023 is €1,400.